- Commercial Lawyer at Clifford Chance
- Associate Partner, Commercial Deal Lead, Accenture
- Commercial Director, Outsourcing (Global Deal Fixer), Capgemini
- Commercial Director, BAE Systems Detica
- Solicitor, LLB Hons. (Law)
- CEDR Accredited Mediator
- Meyler Campbell Executive Coach – WABC and SRA Accredited
- Realise2 Accredite
Hilary grew up in a boat on the East Coast of England and is on the water when he can be. This includes now, time spent instructing.
Hilary lives in North Hertfordshire with his family and, as well as
writing, tends to walk rather alot.
He started his career as a lawyer and went on to carve a niche both as a negotiator of complex deals and as a leader in the IT and services industry. Hilary has learnt through experience that what looks like a technical challenge is usually all about the people involved. Hilary believes people and relationships are key; questions of motivation and belief being at the heart of the matter. This empowered approach together with the variety of his work, with leaders in a range of both technical and creative industries, gives Hilary’s coaching a distinct edge. His book “The Power of Soft” is now published.
Examples of experience
- Working with the CEO of an innovative and rapidly growing business on vision, culture and team including facilitating a strategy day and helping the company in its commercial negotiations
- Helping a Sales Team to improve their listening skills, improve their level of client understanding and to implement a series of actions to significantly develop their client relationships
- Working with a City Law Firm Managing Partner and Practice Head on a broad range of actions from strategy, team building, conflict handling and recruitment to client marketing plans.
- Designing and facilitating a one-day interactive workshop covering both the skills and the practical behaviour of being an effective Director and Board member for the London Business School
- Co-host with Rob Poynton of “Parenthesis” – an extended weekend retreat in a country estate in Spain designed by us for people needing a better way to deal with transition in their working lives
- Helping two senior executives at the BBC to grow their roles, deal with corporate pressures, measurably improve their leadership performance and to achieve difficult promotions
Examples of Feedback